We're living in one of the most progressive and exciting digital times."Yes, I know", I hear you say...
BUT, are you taking advantage of the day and age we live in?
It's not about the latest iPhone, Apple prototype or newfangled Tablet. This is something different... a movement, a migration an evolution.
Is social media a fad? Or the biggest shift since the Industrial Revolution?
Social Media's CHANGED the way we communicate.
Take a moment to let that sink in.
Let me ask you this, when you think about the last time you were about to make a sizable purchase. What did you do before you actually pressed 'proceed' on your internet transfer? (Hmmm, pause for thought). Research!
From choosing a holiday destination to buying a car to even finding the man or woman of your dreams. Think about how you connect in order to share your knowledge and opinions with other people.
Gone are the days of the hard sell. The things you want are finding you, not the other way around. Companies are reaching out to customers like never before and social media is giving each and every business a voice to respond.
The playing fields have been leveled.
• 96% of millennials have joined a social network.
• Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the US.
• Social media has overtaken pornography as the #1 activity on the web.
• 1 out of 8 married couples in the US met via social media.
• iPod apps downloads hit 1 billion in 9 months
• If Facebook were a country, it would be the world's 3rd largest.
• 80% of companies use social media for recruitment, 95% of these using LinkedIn.
All info gleaned from a video called The Social Media Revolution 2016
• Over 50% of the world's population is under 30 years old.
• The fastest growing segments on FB is 55 - 65 years old.
• 50% of the mobile internet traffic in the UK is from Facebook.
• YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
• There are over 200 000 000 blogs.
• 34% of bloggers post opinions about products and brands.
• 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations, only 14% trust advertisements.
• Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI.
• Kindle books outsold paper books over Christmas.
• 24 of the 25 largest newspapers are experiencing record decline in circulation.
• 60 million status updates happen on Facebook daily.
• The ROI of social media is: Your business will still exist in 5 years!
Latest Social Media Stats, Credits:
Source data listed here: Socialnomics // In association with: HULT International Business School // Inspiration – Karl Fisch & Scott McLeod “Did you know” video // Equal man productions